Join me on a Christmas Markets River Cruise December 10-17, 2022
I just returned home from the most wonderful Christmas Markets river cruise from Basel, Switzerland to Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You can read about my experience HERE.
I would love for you to join me on this same cruise in December 2022 or 2023 to experience the affordable luxury cruise with day tours into my favourite cities who know how to do Christmas in the best way! Colmar and Strasbourg, France, Heidelberg, Cologne, and Speyer, Germany, and Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Festive Time on the Romantic Rhine (Northbound)
8 Day River Cruise Basel to Amsterdam
Here are the details right from Avalon Waterways’ website. If there are any errors on my page, theirs is the official information!
One of Europe’s most legendary rivers awaits you on this winter wonderland journey along the Rhine River, which starts in Switzerland with stops in France, Germany, and Holland! Each town is festively lit and decorated and strains of Christmas carols fill the air. Board your vessel in Basel, Switzerland, then head for Breisach, Germany, the gateway to the Black Forest, an area of unrivalled natural beauty, best known for Black Forest ham, cherry cake, and the cuckoo clock. Here’s your first chance to explore a Christmas market offering many traditional items. Continue your river cruise to Strasbourg, France, where you’ll visit the red-sandstone gothic cathedral with ancient murals and a fascinating astronomical clock. Strasbourg is home to one of the oldest and finest Christmas markets in Europe and its centrepiece is a giant Christmas tree. Choose between a visit to the ruins of Heidelberg’s castle, towering magnificently over the city, and watch the skaters on the ice rink below or a guided walk in Mainz with a visit to the captivating Gutenberg Museum. Next up is the charming wine town of Rüdesheim, and the unique Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum. You’re sure to be enthralled by the life-size figures of Europe’s largest nativity scene on the Market Square. Pass through the dramatic views of the Rhine Gorge before arriving in Cologne—your last stop in Germany. Here, you’ll explore the 2,000-year-old city known for its gothic architecture and famous twin-spired cathedral. Wander through the Christmas market, try some traditional Lebkuchen and get some inner warmth with a cup of Glühwein. As an exclamation point to this wonderful Rhine river cruise, you’ll spend time in Holland’s popular, modern capital of Amsterdam. The best way to see the treasures of this 700-year-old city is on a canal cruise along the elegant grachten lined with homes dating back to the city’s “Golden Age.”
Your ship: Avalon Panorama
Always included on the ship:
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Panoramic windows
- Elegant, contemporary design & décor
- Friendly, English-speaking crew & Cruise Director
- Sky Deck with whirlpool, shade awnings, game area and premium lounges
- Covered Observation Lounge
- Club Lounge with 24-hour self-serve beverage station with complimentary cappuccinos, lattes, tea, hot chocolate and premium coffees, as well as treats throughout the day
You will also have optional excursions to book, such as I did on my cruise with wine tasting and Colmar tours.
- Day 1: Basel, Switzerland. Embarkation.
- Day 2: Breisach, Germany. Excursion to the Black Forest.
- Day 3: Strasbourg, France — the Christmas Capital of Europe
- Day 4: Mainz, Germany. Excursion to Heidelberg, Germany
- Day 5: Rüdesheim & Rhine Gorge
- Day 6: Cologne, Germany
- Day 7: Amsterdam, Holland
- Day 8: Amsterdam. Disembarkation.
Note: Depending on weather and other uncontrolled events, the itinerary may change slightly. Your Cruise Director will keep you informed each day.
Ready to Book?
I’m excited that you are ready to book this magical Christmas Markets river cruise! To get you booked, I’ll need some information from you that you can send to my email email@example.com or by telephone.
A Panorama Suite package starts at $5058.00 CAD per person flights not included, based on double occupancy*.
*Single supplement waived may be available, based on a first-come, first-served basis.
To book, please send me the following information by email or phone:
- Number of travellers
- Each traveller’s full name as it appears on their passport
- Birthdate of each traveller
- Mailing/billing address
- Your credit card number, expiry date, and security code. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- Non-refundable deposit of $300 per person due upon booking.
- Final payment due by September 5, 2022