If you’re like me you are always keeping an eye out for new recipes that are delicious and filling. I have been making this breakfast for many months, and find that I am not hungry until lunchtime. The best part about it… it’s only 3 points on Weightwatchers when I created this post. With the new changes at WW, this may have changed a bit).
1 green onion, chopped
1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
1/4 cup spinach, chopped
1 large egg
2 egg whites (I use Simply Egg Whites, or something similar)
2 tbsp 1/2% or 1% milk
1 tbsp feta cheese
For a variety, add turkey bacon… this does add a few more points but is worth it!
- Cook the onions and mushrooms in a pan, using a bit of cooking spray.
- When the onions and mushrooms are tender, add spinach.
- When the spinach has wilted, remove from heat and set aside in a bowl.
- Whisk egg, egg whites, milk, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook in pan (can add more cooking spray, if needed)
- Once egg is done, make a row in the centre, with the warm spinach mixture.
- Fold in half and serve with a steaming cup of coffee. 🙂